We are honoured to have the distinguished Mr. Koh Guan Hoe on our advisory board. He has contributed significantly towards the community of people with special needs, including children and youths with autism and developmental delays.
Mr. Koh will help ensure that our strategic directions and our programmes are holistic and multi-disciplinary, and always relevant to the needs of our students and the needs of the special needs industry.
Mr. Koh Guan Hoe
Preferring to work behind the scenes, little is known about Mr. Koh, despite his major contributions to the area of special education. His passionate involvement for more than a decade sees the growth and development of the Special Olympics movement, not just in Singapore, but also other Asian countries. Therefore, Mr. Koh’s experience is much sought after in the special education field.
Below is a summary of Mr. Koh’s professional history and his involvement in the Special Olympics.
Professional History :
- 1967 – 1986 : Special Education Teacher
- 1987 – 1992 : Founding Principal, Johor Bahru School for the Hearing Impaired
- 1994 – 1996 : Head, Arthur Road Training Centre
- 1997 – 2003 : Founding Principal, Delta Senior School
- 1997 – 1998 : Founding Head, APSN Centre For Adults
- 2000 – Present : Adviser, Kiwanis Sentosa Careheart Centre for the Intellectually Disabled
Special Olympics Involvement :
- Joined Special Olympics in 1995
- Became a Life Member in 2006
- Presently serving as an Executive Committee member
- Member of Fundraising committee
- Newsletter Editorial Board
- Past Honorary Treasurer for 3 terms<
- Team Manager of soccer team to Xi’an, China, in September 2002
- Head of Delegation of Singapore to the World Summer Games in Shanghai, China, from 28 September to 12 October 2007
- Delegate at 2 Asia Pacific Conferences in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia