In the early years of a child’s life, there are many developmental milestones to achieve in terms of cognitive development, social development, as well as emotional development. Evidence from studies in neuroscience shows that the highest growth rate happens during these early years. This is the most critical period for a child with special needs to gain relevant skills to help them to cope with their developmental needs and maximise their potential in every way possible through early intervention.
The Certificate in Special Education is a 1-month part-time course designed specifically to train potential teachers, parents and caregivers to identify, detect and support children with learning and developmental difficulties. This course consists of two segments which aim to equip learners with the relevant knowledge and skills to assist children with special needs.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be awarded:
- E-certificate (Statement of Attainment) of industry approved competencies from Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications for each module.
- The Certificate in Special Education issued by College of Allied Educators.
This certificate will be issued by College of Allied Educators and it is not a WSQ full qualification.
Singaporeans/PR are entitled up to 70% of training grant from Skillsfuture Singapore (SSG).
|School of Education
|27 Jan 2024
|+65 6533 0031
|Office Operation Hours
|11.00am – 8.00pm / Mondays – Fridays
- Assist the planning and promote activities based on the child’s interest and goals in the Individualised Education Plan (IEP)
- Integrate learning approaches and develop lesson and activities to support holistic development of children in alignment with the goals in the children’s IEP.
- Describe the theories underpinning differentiated teaching and learning approaches.
- Conduct active classroom lesson using activity-based interventions to achieve the goals in the children’s IEP
- Conduct functional and document children behaviour assessment
- Apply methods to evaluate teaching and learning approaches
- Describe the functional needs assessment tools, methodologies and procedures
Each segment/module consists of 2 full-day from 9am to 6pm.
Total contact hours: 32 hours
All modules and lessons to be conducted online via Zoom.
Individualised Intervention Planning and Implementation for Children with Special Needs (WSQ)
The module will enable participants to further develop and apply the principles and practices of early intervention, describe the theories differentiating the different learning and teaching approaches, as well as integrate lessons and activities to support the holistic development of children under their care.
Child Functional Needs Assessment (WSQ)
The module will enable you to establish intervention requirements based on your assessments, allowing you to formulate relevant Individualised Education Plans. You will also learn how to describe the impact of family expectations, needs and culture as well as establish the priorities of the families and caregivers.
There will be an assessment component for each module in the following form:
- Oral Questioning
- Role Play Scenario
- Written Assessment
For each module, participants will be graded as “Competent” or “Not Yet Competent”. They must achieve the status of “Pass” and “Competent” for all segments/modules.
- Minimum Age Requirement: 16 Years Old
- Language Proficiency: Pass in N-level English or equivalent
- Academic Requirement: At least 1 pass in GCE N-level
|Preview Days & Time:
|Book your preview NOW
|27 Jan 2024
|1 Months (Part-Time)
|Wednesday | Saturday
9:00 am – 6:00 pm
|Course Fee Structure:
|Payment to be made to
COLLEGE OF ALLIED EDUCATORS PTE LTD
|Non Refundable Application Fees:
|Application Fee – S$150.00
|Total Payable before GST:
|GST of 9%:
|Total Payable after GST:
Cash / NETS / Credit Card / Cheque / Telegraphic Transfer / Bank Transfer / PayNow / In-house Instalment
– Interest-free instalment up to 12 months available for UOB & OCBC Credit Card Holders.
– In-house instalments available on a case-by-case basis.
|Refund table as per student contract
|Fee Protection Scheme (FPS):
|Fee Protection Scheme
Disclaimer: All terms, schedules, and prices are subject to change without prior notice and at the discretion of College of Allied Educators.