The WSQ Individualised Intervention Planning and Implementation for Children with Special Needs is a short 2-days (17 hrs) course that will impart the knowledge and skills needed to apply the appropriate strategies to plan and deliver developmentally appropriate teaching and learning approaches to meet the needs of children.
The course will enable you to further develop and apply the principles and practices of early intervention, describe the theories differentiating the different learning and teaching approaches, as well as integrate lessons and activities to support the holistic development of children under your care.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Manage information of children’s functional needs with relevant stakeholders.
- List the Child developmental stages.
- Apply the basic principles and practices of early intervention.
- Integrate learning approaches and develop lesson and activities to support holistic development of children in alignment with the goals in the children’s IEP.
- Describe the theories underpinning differentiated teaching and learning approaches.
- Name the Components of the Individualised Educational Plan.
- Describe the Current research and key trends in early childhood education pedagogy, and teaching and learning approaches.
- Conduct active classroom lesson using activity-based interventions to achieve the goals in the children’s IEP.
- Apply strategies to engage young children as active participants.
- Describe the activity-based interventions.
- Conduct functional and document children behaviour assessment.
- Apply methods to evaluate teaching and learning approaches.
Training days: 2 days
Total training duration: 17.17 hours
- 70 min (Assessment)
- 16 hrs (Classroom Training)
- Minimum age requirement: 16 years old
- Completed secondary school education
- English proficiency equivalent to the ES WSQ Workplace Literacy & Numeracy (WPLN) level 5.
Course fee & funding
Total: $580.00 (excluding GST)
- Singaporeans/PR are entitled up to 70% of training grant from Skillsfuture Singapore (SSG)
Next intake: 17 Sept 2022
- Course Period: 17 – 18 Sept 2022
For a FREE COURSE PREVIEW
CALL US at 6533-0031
EMAIL your enquiry to ENQUIRY@ICAE.EDU.SG
or Register for your free preview below: