This 15-month Postgraduate Diploma in Special Education (PGDISE) part-time programme is designed specifically to train potential candidates to be effective educators to children with special needs. The candidates will acquire curriculum development and teaching pedagogy to support and enable children in acquiring academic, social and other general competencies. These children may have a wide range of disabilities including those with various degrees of intellectual, physical, behavioural, psychological, and sensorial issues, or a combination of these.
At a graduate level, the Post Graduate Diploma in Special Education focuses on developing and enhancing candidates’ experiential knowledge and skills professionally through a holistic approach.
The course is to be delivered through online conferencing applications such as Zoom.
Each lesson is recorded and the recordings will be saved to a password protected depository (e.g. cloud or hard disk storage) up to 3 months after the last class. The recordings may be retrieved for review purpose by the Academic Board. Feedback is also conducted for both lecturers and students at the end of each module to gather responses on the strengths and areas for improvements.
|Faculty||School of Education|
|Intake Date||06 Sept 2022|
|Contact||+65 6533 0031|
|Office Operation Hours||11.00am – 8.00pm / Mondays – Fridays|
The course objectives are as follow:
- Gain a deeper understanding of the keys areas of child development, educational theory, and the aetiology of the major types of disabilities;
- Acquire the skills necessary for the identification of specific disabilities and the diagnosis and assessment of individual weaknesses;
- Develop competency in a range of teaching skills to suit the needs of the children being taught; and
- Plan, create, and evaluate individualised intervention programmes for their own area of disability specialisation.
Candidates are required to successfully complete each module by meeting at least the minimum required attendance and fulfilling the assessment criteria for the respective modules.
- Special Education and Exceptional Children
- Diagnosis, Assessment and Referral of Exceptional Children
- Literacy, Numeracy and Adaptive Daily Living Skills
- Behaviour and Classroom Management
- Individual Education Plan and Intervention Strategies
- Specific Learning Difficulties
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders
- Sensory Integration
- Communication Disorders
- Research Methods
- Developmental Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology
- 30 Hours Practicum
Click here for information on modules in this programme.
Click here for the list of registered lecturers deployed for the respective programmes and modules.
Each module will be formally assessed by written assignments (50%) and an examination (50%). Students must attend 75% of the classes to qualify for the examination. International students must maintain 90% attendance each month.
To achieve a pass in a module, students must achieve at least 50% combining both written assignment and final examination.
Candidates must also submit a written report upon fulfilling the compulsory practicum hours, to graduate from the course.
Students must successfully complete and pass all the stipulated course modules to be awarded the Postgraduate Diploma in Special Education.
For admission to the PGDISE programme:
- Minimum Age Requirement: 21 Years Old
- Language Proficiency: At least C6 at GCE O Level English, or equivalent
- Degree in any discipline.
|Preview Days & Time:||MON: 1PM
Book your preview NOW
|Next Intake:|| 06 Sept 2022
|Duration:||15 Months (Part-Time)
|Contact Hours:||360 hrs (330 hrs + 30 hrs practicum)|
|Schedule:||Tuesday and Thursday and/or Wednesday and Friday
7.00pm – 10.00pm
|Course Fee Structure:||Payment to be made to
COLLEGE OF ALLIED EDUCATORS PTE LTD
|Non Refundable Application Fees:||Application Fee – S$150.00|
|Course Fee:||S$ 13,120.00|
|Total Payable before GST:||S$ 13,270.00|
|GST of 7%:||S$ 928.90|
|Total Payable after GST:||S$ 14,198.90|
Cash / NETS / Credit Card / Cheque / Telegraphic Transfer / Bank Transfer / PayNow / In-house Instalment
– Interest-free instalment up to 12 months available for UOB & OCBC Credit Card Holders.
– In-house instalments available on a case-by-case basis.
|Refund terms:||Refund table as per student contract|
|Fee Protection Scheme (FPS):||Fee Protection Scheme|
|Other Fees:||Miscellaneous Fees|
Disclaimer: All terms, schedules, and prices are subject to change without prior notice and at the discretion of College of Allied Educators.