This 12-month Advanced Diploma in Special Education (ADISE) part-time programme is designed specifically to train potential candidates to teach children with special needs. The candidates will acquire curriculum development and teaching pedagogy to enable children acquire literacy and numeracy competencies. These children may have a wide range of disabilities, including those with various degrees of intellectual, physical, behavioural, psychological, and sensory problems, or a combination of these.
|Faculty||School of Education|
|Intake Date||03 & 11 Nov 2020|
|Contact||+65 6533 0031|
|Office Operation Hours||11.00am – 8.00pm / Mondays – Fridays|
The course’s objectives are as follow:
- have a basic knowledge of the key areas of child development, educational theory, and the aetiology of the major types of disabilities;
- have the skills necessary for the identification of specific disabilities and the diagnosis and assessment of individual weaknesses;
- be able to develop competency in a range of teaching skills to suit the needs of the children being taught; and
- be able to plan and evaluate individualised intervention programmes for their own area of disability specialisation.
The ADISE programme begins by introducing students to the psychology of education and then moves on to the nature of special education, the areas of special educational needs, the identification, diagnosis and treatment of these needs and the basic principles and practices of effective teaching and learning. The programme is highly practice-oriented to ensure that what they learn in their classes can be applied to children with special needs under their charge.
|Module 1||Special Education and Exceptional Children|
|Module 2||Diagnosis, Assessment and Referral of Exceptional Children|
|Module 3||Literacy, Numeracy and Adaptive Daily Living Skills|
|Module 4||Behaviour and Classroom Management|
|Module 5||Individual Education Plan and Intervention Strategies|
|Module 6||Specific Learning Difficulties|
|Module 7||Autism Spectrum Disorders|
|Module 8||Attention Deficit Disorders|
|Module 9||Sensory Integration|
|Module 10||Communication Disorders|
|Module 11||30 hours of Supervised Practicum|
Click here for information on modules in this programme.
Click here for the list of registered lecturers deployed for the respective programmes and modules.
Each module will be formally assessed by written assignments and an examination. Students must attend 75% of the classes to qualify for the examination.
For admission to the ADISE programme:
- Minimum Age Requirement: 17 Years Old
- Language Proficiency: At least C6 at GCE O Level English
- Diploma in Learning Disorders Management & Child Psychology awarded by College of Allied Educators; OR,
- At least passes in 2 ‘A’ Level and 2 ‘AO’ Level subjects including a pass in General Paper obtained at the GCE ‘A’ Level (English) Singapore-Cambridge Examination; OR,
- Diploma in any discipline; OR,
- Degree in any discipline.
For applicants who do not meet the above entry requirements, on a case-by-case basis, they may be required to take on bridging modules FIRST, before enrolling into this course.
|Preview Days & Time:||MON: 1PM
Book your preview NOW
|Next Intake:||03 & 11 Nov 2020
|Duration:||12 Months (Part-Time)|
|Contact Hours:||270 hrs (240 hrs + 30 hrs practicum)|
|Schedule:||Tuesday and Thursday and/or Wednesday and Friday
7.00pm – 10.00pm
|Course Fee Structure:||Payment to be made to
COLLEGE OF ALLIED EDUCATORS PTE LTD
|Non Refundable Application Fees:||Application Fee – S$150.00|
|Total Payable before GST:||S$10,460.00|
|GST of 7%:||S$732.20|
|Total Payable after GST:||S$11,192.20|
Cash / NETS / Credit Card / Cheque / Telegraphic Transfer / Bank Transfer / PayNow / In-house Instalment
– Interest-free instalment up to 12 months available for UOB & OCBC Credit Card Holders.
– In-house instalments available on a case-by-case basis.
|Refund terms:||Refund table as per student contract|
|Fee Protection Scheme (FPS):||Fee Protection Scheme|
|Other Fees:||Miscellaneous Fees|
Disclaimer: All terms, schedules, and prices are subject to change without prior notice and at the discretion of College of Allied Educators.