Many a times, patients will feel frustration and isolation, due to their communication disabilities.
As a Speech Therapist Assistant, you will be able to assist people with speech, swallowing, language or communication problems.
Communication disorders may include difficulties in speech, language, voice and reading. Swallowing disorders may result from medical conditions such as stroke, cancer or respiratory diseases.
Be a part of this healing process, help your patients regain their independence and improve the quality of their lives.
|Faculty||School of Health Sciences|
|Next Intake||06th April 2021|
|Contact||+65 6533 0031|
|Office Operation Hours||11.00am – 8.00pm / Mondays – Fridays|
- Develop basic knowledge of key areas of speech development;
- Be able to identify speech disabilities and swallowing ailments;
- Identify rehabilitative and therapeutic processes;
- Develop skills to assist in rehabilitation of children or adults with speech and swallowing ailments and disorders.
The 6-months* Speech Therapy Assistant Professional Certificate (PCSTA) part-time programme is designed to train potential Speech Therapy Assistant to support children or adults with communication and swallowing disorders or ailments.
*3 months in class lectures and a practicum
|Understanding Articulation and Phonological Disorders||Anatomy and Physiology of the Speech Mechanism
Motor Speech Disorders
Emotional and Social Effects
|Working with Articulation and Phonological Disorders||Assessment and Screening
Treatment of Oral-Structural and Functional Disorders
Treatment of Phonological Disorders
Treatment of Articulation Disorders
There will be a written examination at the end of the course.
For admission to the PCSTA programme, candidates should possess either of the following:
- Diploma in Learning Disorders Management & Child Psychology offered by College of Allied Educators; OR,
- At least passes in 3 ‘O’ Level or 5 ‘N’ Level subjects including a pass in English; OR,
- Diploma in any discipline; OR,
- Degree in any discipline.
|Preview Days & Time:||MON: 2PM, 6PM
THU: 2PM, 4PM Book your preview NOW
|Next Intake:||06 April 2021|
|Schedule:||Tuesday | 7.00pm - 10.00pm
|Duration:||6 Months (Part-Time)|
|Course Fee Structure:||Payment to be made to
COLLEGE OF ALLIED EDUCATORS PTE LTD
|Non Refundable Application Fees:||Application Fee – S$150.00
Materials Fee – S$50Pay Application Fee
|Total Payable before GST:||S$2,572.00|
|GST of 7%:||S$180.04|
|Total Payable after GST:||S$2,752.04|
Cash / NETS / Credit Card / Cheque / Telegraphic Transfer / Bank Transfer / PayNow / In-house Instalment
– Interest-free instalment up to 12 months available for UOB & OCBC Credit Card Holders.
– In-house instalments available on a case-by-case basis.
|Refund terms:||Refund table as per student contract|
|Fee Protection Scheme (FPS):||Fee Protection Scheme|
|Other Fees:||Miscellaneous Fees|
* 3 months in class lectures and a practicum
Disclaimer: All terms, schedules, and prices are subject to change without prior notice and at the discretion of College of Allied Educators.