The WSQ Child Functional Needs Assessment course is a short 2-days (16 hrs) course that will impart the knowledge necessary for you to conduct observational and functional needs assessment of children with behavioural issues.
The course will enable you to establish intervention requirements based on your assessments, allowing you to formulate relevant Individualised Education Plans. You will also learn how to describe the impact of family expectations, needs and culture as well as establish the priorities of the families and caregivers.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Conduct observations and functional needs assessments according to stipulated guidelines.
- Describe the functional needs assessment tools, methodologies and procedures.
- Establish the functional needs in collaboration with other professionals, families and caregivers.
- Establish the intervention requirements based on functional needs assessment.
- Describe the impact of family expectations, needs and culture on needs assessment.
- Present relevant assessment findings and information to formulate Individualised Education Plan.
- Describe the process to formulate the Individualised Education Plan.
- Establish the needs and priorities of families and caregivers.
Training days: 2 days
Total training duration: 16 hours
- 1 (Assessment Hours)
- 15 (Classroom Training Hours)
- Minimum age requirement: 16 years old
- Completed secondary school education
- English proficiency equivalent to the ES WSQ Workplace Literacy & Numeracy (WPLN) level 5.
Course fee & funding
Total: $580.00 (excluding GST)
- Singaporeans/PR are entitled up to 70% of training grant from Skillsfuture Singapore (SSG)
Next intake: 01 Oct 2022
- Course Period: 01 – 02 Oct 2022
For a FREE COURSE PREVIEW
CALL US at 6533-0031
EMAIL your enquiry to ENQUIRY@ICAE.EDU.SG
or Register for your free preview below: