The 6-months Diploma in Counselling Psychology programme begins by introducing students to the nature of psychology and relates it to the theories and concepts of counselling. Students move on to explore themselves in order to promote personal growth and self-awareness thus acquiring the key attributes of a competent counsellor. Students will then gain knowledge to the different approaches of counselling and have the skills to implement and apply them to the appropriate situations.
The course is to be delivered through online conferencing applications such as Zoom.
Each lesson is recorded and the recordings will be saved to a password protected depository (e.g. cloud or hard disk storage) up to 3 months after the last class. The recordings may be retrieved for review purpose by the Academic Board. Feedback is also conducted for both lecturers and students at the end of each module to gather responses on the strengths and areas for improvements.
SkillsFuture Credit claimable
|Faculty||School of Counselling|
|Next Intake||04 Oct 2021|
|Contact||+65 6533 0031|
|Office Operation Hours||11.00am – 8.00pm / Mondays – Fridays|
- Ability to critically evaluate the strengths and limitations of the major approaches in individual and group counselling and psychology.
- Achieve competence and to practice within the guidelines and ethical codes of counselling.
- Advance to a professional qualification and attain authentic counselling experience.
- Develop critical evaluation skills to assess and implement intervention strategies to fulfil therapeutic treatment goals.
- Ability to comprehend personal growth and self-awareness through self-exploration.
- Recognise and respect human diversity across populations, age groups, culture and contexts.
The Diploma in Counselling Psychology programme begins by introducing students to the nature of psychology and relates it to the theories and concepts of counseling. Students move on to explore themselves in order to promote personal growth and self-awareness thus acquiring the key attributes of a competent counsellor. Students will then gain knowledge to the different approaches of counselling and have the skills to implement and apply them to the appropriate situations.
|Module 1||Psychological Theories and Perspectives|
|Module 2||Family Systems Therapy|
|Module 3||Counselling Skills|
|Module 4||Counselling Methods|
|Module 5||Counselling Ethics|
Click here for information on modules in this programme.
Click here for the list of registered lecturers deployed for the respective programmes and modules.
Each module will be formally assessed by written assignments and an examination. Students must attend 75% of the classes to qualify for the examination.
To achieve a pass in a module, students must achieve at least 50% combining both written assignment and final examination.
Students must successfully complete and pass all the stipulated course modules to be awarded the Diploma in Counselling Psychology.
For admission to the Diploma in Counselling Psychology programme:
- Minimum Age Requirement: 16 Years Old
- Language Proficiency: At least C6 at GCE O Level English
- Certificate in Child Psychology and Counselling awarded by College of Allied Educators; OR,
- At least 3 subject (including English) passes with grade C6 and above at GCE O Level subjects.
For applicants who do not meet the above entry requirements, on a case-by-case basis, they may be required to take on bridging modules FIRST, before enrolling into this course.
|Preview Days & Time:||Mondays – Fridays
*Estimated duration of the free preview is 1-hour.
|Next Intake:||04 Oct 2021|
|Duration:||5 Months (Part-Time) | 6 Months e-Learning (Part-Time)
|Contact Hours:||126 hrs|
|Schedule:||Monday & Thursday | 7.00pm – 10.00pm|
|Course Fee Structure:||Payment to be made to
COLLEGE OF ALLIED EDUCATORS PTE LTD
|Non Refundable Application Fees:||Application Fee – S$150.00|
|Total Payable before GST:||S$4,790.00|
|GST of 7%:||S$335.30|
|Total Payable after GST:||S$5,125.30|
Cash / NETS / Credit Card / Cheque / Telegraphic Transfer / Bank Transfer / PayNow / In-house Instalment
– Interest-free instalment up to 12 months available for UOB & OCBC Credit Card Holders.
– In-house instalments available on a case-by-case basis.
|Refund terms:||Refund table as per student contract|
|Fee Protection Scheme (FPS):||Fee Protection Scheme|
|Other Fees:||Miscellaneous Fees|
Disclaimer: All terms, schedules, and prices are subject to change without prior notice and at the discretion of College of Allied Educators.